Yuga Khan was the most powerful New God and the ruler of Apokolips for a long time. Yuga Khan was the former patriarch of Apokolips and its first ruler, whose misguided attempt to unravel the unknowable mystery of the Source left him a helpless captive for countless thousands of years. Yuga Khan's wife Heggra later died by the machinations of their son Uxas, known more prominently by the name Darkseid, who took control of Apokolips, gaining the throne for himself in the process.
In the Promethean Galaxy Yuga Khan broke his bonds, and consumed the planet Velos. His return to living existence constituted a greater threat to life than even his son Darkseid. Khan next destroyed a Thanagarian probe station, which attracted the attention of Lar Gand, who managed to save the lives of a few Thanagarians. After draining another world and gaining more strength, Khan came to Apokolips.
For the first time in his life, Darkseid knew fear despite his bravado of claiming Khan was the past and he was the future. Khan restrained him and sarcastically asked if he was going to hug his father. Khan reclaimed his rulership over Apokolips, making life twice as hard on the populace. Desaad pledged his loyalty to him, telling him his service to Darkseid had been a lie. Khan reminded him that he'd poisoned his beloved wife Heggra and disintegrated him there. Khan cut off the Source, rendering Boom Tubes and Mother Box inoperative. He would continue his quest to find the nature of the Source, no matter the casualties. Commander Gideon launched an invasion of Apokolips, however Khan devastated his New Genesis soldiers and killed Gideon. Yuga Khan once again turned his attention to the Source Wall, where Highfather tried to stop him, warning him of the limits of godhood. Khan ignored him, subsequently transforming his body into primal energy so he could enter the Source. His second attempt was no more successful than his first, he was once again imprisoned in the Promethean Galaxy.
Yuga Khan was the most powerful New God. A proper measure of his might was the fact that Darkseid himself dared not face him. The ability to traverse hypertime and could even manipulate The Source itself to an extent.
- Superhuman Strength
- Energy Projection
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Stamina
- Energy Construct Creation: He created a energy net to trap Lar Gand.
- Energy Absorption: His most dangerous ability; he could drain the life force of individuals or planets, adding to his own formidable power.
- Illusion Casting: He created a illusion to do Desaad remember when this poisoned Heggra.
- Control over the Apokolips Fire Pits.
- Control over the Source itself; he could neutralize all Source-based powers with limited range, such as Mother Boxes (and Boom Tubes), Darkseid's Omega effect, Highfather's Wall, etc;
- 7 Appearances of Yuga Khan (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Yuga Khan (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Yuga Khan (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Yuga Khan (New Earth)
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.