- Curse you, Bennett! While you play games with me, our security has been breached -- by the Blood Red Moon!
- -- Yuri Rashnikov src
Colonel Yuri Rashnikov was a vampire and high-ranking KGB agent. He planned to turn the entire Soviet high command into vampires, giving them immortality using an experimental formula. The formula was intended to create men who were physically vampires without the drawbacks and weaknesses such as bloodlust. His compound was filled with anti-vampire weaponry and guarded by lycanthropes. When Andrew Bennett and Deborah Dancer arrived in Moscow to locate Dmitri Mishkin, he captured both of them. This did not last very long as his facilities were overrun by Dunya Mishkin leading the Blood Red Moon. Bennett stole the formula before escaping, and it is not known what happened to Rashnikov.
- Vampirism: In addition to the various mental and physical benefits that vampires are heir to, they also possess the ability to turn others into vampires as well. Each new vampire is traditionally subservient to the one who "turned" them, but some strong-willed vampires have been known to rebel against their masters.
- Enhanced Senses: Vampires have improved several times higher than those of any human being of course these skills can vary depending on each person they will have some other stronger senses of his companions always given the dedication and training that each set to improve ways. Among the main ways that vampires have improved we find the following:
- Immortality: So long as vampires continue to consume blood, they will not age beyond the physical state they were in when they first became a vampire.
- Invulnerability: Vampires are invulnerable to most forms of injury (certain exceptions apply). Bullets, blades and blunt objects do little to no damage to a vampire's body.
- Regeneration: In addition to being virtually indestructible, whatever damage a vampire does in fact suffer can be healed through the consumption of human blood.
- Superhuman Strength: A vampire's strength level is several times that of a normal human being and they are considered superhuman.
- Superhuman Stamina: So long as they continue to consume human blood, a vampire can function tirelessly without rest or relaxation. However, a vampire's stamina wanes the closer it is to sunrise.
- Psychokinesis: Most vampires possess some form of psychokinesis. Some are clairvoyant, others can communicate telepathically, some possess mind control. Particularly powerful vampires can control the minds of several people at once.
- Transformation: Vampires often possess the ability to transform into a variety of creatures or effects such as bats, wolves, rats or even mist. While their physical attributes may fluctuate during such states, a vampire's mental acuity is the same as that when they are in their human shape. A vampire who transforms into an animal may also benefit from that particular animal's attributes including razor-sharp claws, fangs or the ability to fly.
- Metamorphosis: Only vampires with a more advanced powers Control demonstrate the ability of altering either its appearance to imitate other people or in such cases selective transformation for creating claws to increase the lethality of its attacks in extreme cases and only vampires with a capacity of very advanced monitoring capabilities such change would show how elements, elasticity and other capabilities which vary depending on their ability, imagination and control, because as you know some vampires are stronger than others.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 1 Appearances of Yuri Rashnikov (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Yuri Rashnikov (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Yuri Rashnikov (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Yuri Rashnikov (New Earth)