Z-1 was an extraterrestrial robotic missile that had been dumped on a junkyard-like planet. A solar flare reactivated him and he began to feel lonely. He tried to build a wife out of the surrounding junk, but he was unable to as he kept creating mindless replicas of himself, dubbed as Missile Men. Z-1 then decided if he cannot build a companion he will find one. Z-1 decided that Platinum of the Metal Men would become his wife.
He sent his mechanical army of Missile Men to Earth to find her and capture her. The Missle Men destroyed Tin and Mercury, but were later rebuilt. Doc Magnus utilized a machine to magnetize the Missile Men into each other. They formed a giant metal ball that sank to the bottom of the ocean.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- It is unknown how Z-1 escape his watery prison; however, he might have transferred his mind to one of the blank Missile Men during the events of Metal Men #12 via some form of electrical transfer.
- 4 Appearances of Z-1 (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Z-1 (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Z-1 (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Z-1 (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: