Zar-Al, a Kryptonian teenager, is sent by his father in a time-ship to Earth in the future, where Jor-El will send Kal-El, in order to find a supply of Zeelium, the only element that can dampen Krypton’s uranium core.
On Earth, he arrives in Superboy's time, and becomes known as the Krypton Kid. He becomes a friend to Superboy, but neither of them can discover any Zeelium. To keep Superboy from sacrificing himself by going into the past, Zar-Al decoys him to another planet, and returns to Krypton in the past with the time-ship, dying alongside of his father.
Same as Superboy's.
- This version of Zar-Al (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 3 Appearances of Zar-Al (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring Zar-Al (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Zar-Al (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Zar-Al (Earth-One)