- A future of chaos-- and possible madness-- awaits us all because the meek, the mortal, have matured and begun assuming control of their universe.
- -- Zeus src
- -- Zeus src
Zeus is the ruler of Olympus and the King of the Greek Gods. His power and authority supersedes that of the other Olympians. He is also a member of the Quintessence, a group of cosmic beings that oversees the events of the universe.
He also serves as the power source of several heroes: He gave Wonder Woman the ability to channel his thunderbolts through her bracelets, and in The New 52 continuity, he is revealed to be Diana's biological father. Zeus is also the"Z" in Shazam, Captain Marvel's magic word. He supplies Captain Marvel with unmeasurable magic power and provides the magic thunderbolt that allows Billy Batson to transform.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Superhuman Strength: Zeus' strength level is many times that of most super-beings, the exact limits of which have never been measured. It is generally accepted he is sufficiently strong enough to lift 100 tons with minimal effort.
- Superhuman Speed: Zeus is capable of moving faster the the finest human athlete.
- Weather Manipulation: Zeus can control the weather, move storm clouds and generate thunder and lightning.
- Energy Manipulation: Zeus has the power to control and project multiple types of energy.
- Lightning Bolts: Zeus can generate bolts of lightning from his hands and hurl them like spears.
- Cosmic Awareness: Zeus is aware of the inner workings of the cosmos and possesses an understanding of the framework of all reality. Many gods possess this ability to one extent or another, but as Lord of all Olympian Gods and member of the Quintessence, Zeus' understanding of how reality functions is greater than that of most other gods.
- Metamorphosis: Zeus can alter his physical form (presumably) into any shape that he chooses. Typically, he uses this power to assume the forms of animals.
- Immortality: As a God, Zeus is immortal and will never truly die. Although his appearance is that of an elderly man, Zeus does not age the way a normal human does.
- Invulnerability: Zeus cannot be physically harmed by conventional means.
- Power Distribution: Zeus can bestow a portion of his power unto others. He bequeathes power to Billy Batson, enabling Batson to transform into one of Earth's mightiest mortals, Captain Marvel, and back again.
- Self-Sustenance: Zeus does not require water or nourishment.
- Superhuman Stamina: Zeus can operate for prolonged periods of time without tiring. He does not require sleep.
- Magical Manipulation: Zeus has the power to manipulate vast amounts of magic energy to nearly any effect he desires.
Class 100+ ; It is generally accepted Zeus is sufficiently strong enough to lift 100 tons with minimal effort.
Mortal Faith: Zeus' vitality is dependent upon humanity's faith in the gods (though this has not always been consistent). When humanity's belief in the gods wanes, the gods lose a portion of their power. As such, their ability to influence the course of human events decreases.
- The general populace of Earth is unaware of Zeus's existence except as a mythological character.
- This character is an adaptation of Zuse, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 71 Appearances of Zeus (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Zeus (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Zeus (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Zeus (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: