Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Zeus is the ruler of Mount Olympus and the father of most of the Gods of Olympus, as well as Wonder Woman. In an attempt to prevent his daughter Diana from finding her way back to Themyscira he ordered the sons of Ares, Phobos and Deimos, to implant false memories in her head.
This section of the history takes place during the New 52, between the events of Flashpoint and DC Rebirth. It was later revealed that much of Wonder Woman's history from this time was an elaborate illusion created by the Gods of Olympus to keep her away from Paradise Island. All or part of this section may have been part of that illusion and no longer valid in Rebirth.
In Diana's delusion, Zeus hatched an elaborate plan with his daughter, Athena, to ensure multiple goals. They wanted to lure out the First Born, saw the need for War to be replaced, and knew it was Wonder Woman's time to come forward. Zeus was to disappear, and unbeknownst to all, reborn as a baby to Zola who herself was the incarnation of Athena. The power vacuum and the ensuing bickering allowed them to achieve their goals, eventually.
- Old God Physiology
- Immortality: Only Zeus' blood can kill Zeus.
- Invulnerability: Zeus can not be harmed in the conventional way. He has taken hits from Darkseid's omega beams without suffering any permanent damage.
- Superhuman Strength: Zeus is strong enough to go toe-to-toe with Darkseid in his weakened state. His punches created shockwaves that caused minor earthquakes around the area of the fight.
- Shape-Shifting: Zeus is able to alter his physical form at will. A lot of the time he manifests himself as a bold eagle. For a short amount of time he pretended to be Blake Hooper- Diana's lawyer.
- Weather Manipulation: As god of the storms, Zeus is able to manipulate weather. During his fight with Darkseid he made rain fall from the skies.
- Electrokinesis: Zeus is able to create and manipulate electricity with lethal efficiency. During his battle with Darkseid he channeled electricity through his fists to amplify the effectiveness of his blows.
- This character is an adaptation of Zeus, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- Zeus was created by Dave Berg, first appearing in America's Greatest Comics #5. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Zeus first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Wonder Woman (Volume 4) #3 by Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang.
- 53 Appearances of Zeus (Prime Earth)
- 9 Images featuring Zeus (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Zeus (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Zeus (Prime Earth)